Tuesday, March 22, 2016

a better day


I am ok. I feel ok right now. I am embracing this moment and trying to savour it for all it's comfort. It may have been a decent sleep ... or it could be that the meds are finally kicking in ... but I feel kinda normal physically right now, and it's nice.

I am fortunate. I have a job that has supports to assist me in my struggle. I can only try and imagine the many people who do not have the resources and supports to help them get back on their feet.

Today I feel much more calm and balanced ... I am not a ball of energy, but I do feel peaceful and rested. Right now I just want to appreciate this feeling ...

I am grateful ...
I have been sick for the last 3 weeks, but I am getting better.
I am grateful for the sunshine.
I am grateful for living where I live ... and the wonderful tree lined paths that can be found throughout the neighborhood ... it’s good to be able to go out for a walk and get some much needed exercise.
I am grateful for my winter jacket, which allows me stay warm and go for those much needed walks.
I am grateful most of all for fortitude ... that force within me that refuses to just stay sick ... that spark which keeps me doing what I need to get healthy again.

I know I'm not out of the woods yet. But I am on my way ...

No comments: